Thursday, July 20, 2006

Week 2

Week 2: July 13-15th, 2006

The work has begun. There are two books for each of the 4 subjects in this trimester. I could spend everyday reading and will still not be able to go through all the course material. The eco prof from Ramjas changed the book on us. He wants us to use Michael Baye, we have been given a different book. Discussed Smoky Valley case and had no idea how to proceed.

Lots of questions being asked in class. Some dumber than others. Profs complaining that they cannot proceed due to too many questions. Amit Taneja asked everyone to stop asking questions :) and started a yahoo group poll on it. Results awaited. Funnily enough, not everyone is on Yahoo group yet. The course is gaining momentum. Prof Bansal (MANAC-I) asked everyone to read about income, recognition, etc and read three cases. One each on Microsoft, Irrigation Equipment and Bausch and Lomb. I am feeling really behind already.

Surprise of the week: OM Prof was able to go through his lecture without Amit Taneja having to man the mouse. But still, it laughed my ass off when Bhushan burst out laughing on my illustration of me hanging myself as I could not stand this OM class. I could not stop laughing and eventually had to leave the class.

Disappointment of the week: Our Eco professor's lack of pedagogy skills.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Could u please share the timings of the lectures and the days..