Thursday, December 14, 2006

Term 2 - Week 3

Term 2 Post Mid Term, Week 3

We are now halfway through the 1st year of this MBA program and some things are becoming clear:
  • Most people are in the program for money. Some folks asked a prof. whether a topic would be asked in the exams so that they could conveniently skip it

  • People fight over 2-3 marks so that they can have the best GPA.
  • Only a few projects have truly led to learning
  • Each prof has his/her own expectations, which must be fulfilled. This is analogous to doing what your manager asks you to do to be successful.
  • The next 2.5 years are not going to be easy
  • More people will drop out of the program because of its stringent rules and an obstinate inconsiderate dean.
  • The committee with the most volunteers is the placement committee :)
  • Even at this level, people resort to teaching in exams.
Maybe I am naive and my expectations unreal but I was expecting more. I was expecting better interactions in class. Most working managers hardly have time to read up on a topic before coming to class. Hence, discussions in class are kind of limited but really useful at times.

The spirit of camaraderie's is missing.

I have found a few good folks though and I like working with them. I am doing well in class. I expect 3A's, 1C and 1B in Term 1. I can't believe I still care how I am doing academically.

We had our mid terms for Term 2 two weeks ago. They went well.

1 comment:

Manjot kaur said...


You have written wonderful article. Greetings and thank you..

Part time B.tech program
MBA executive Chandigarh
Part time MBA in Chandigarh